corporate social responsibility
A core part of our business focuses on providing our people with the tools that help them do their job and service our clients more effectively. We have a wide range of materials that we have developed internally, on a range of topics, which are well suited for sharing outside our organisation, specifically with the youth of the communities we serve. We target the youth to uplift their social wellbeing by providing educative messages on health and safety, hygiene through advocacy.
G4S’ strategy is focused mainly on developing the knowledge base and associated skill sets required to empower local communities and make a positive difference in the lives of its members. One of the mediums used is sport which furthers many of G4S’ core values, including teamwork, collaboration and integrity while educating and promoting healthy life choices. Activities range from providing health and safety talks, career talks, life skills talks, environmental talks and distribution of refreshments
We also have an active commitment to protecting the environment which is outlined in our environmental policy. Through this commitment we seek to:
- Implement a robust measurement and reporting system for our resource consumption and waste disposal.
- Achieve the emissions reduction targets set by Group.
- Comply with relevant legislation, commercial requirements and codes of conduct.
- Seek to identify and reduce resource consumption, waste and improve efficiency across all of our activities.
- Enable and encourage employees to make a contribution to environmental improvement.